I love Ghiradelli chocolate. In fact, my daughter and I have been known to eat it by the bagful (plus, it's her "special treat" for going potty on the toilet). I love Ghiradelli's brownie recipe, and I've been making their chocolate chip cookies forever. They are just perfect.
There is nothing like warm, from-scratch chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven. With a tall, cold glass of milk, please!
If I'm just baking these for my hubby, I bake as many as he wants, then I roll the remaining batter into little balls, put them into a bowl, and place in the freezer for another night. I've also halved this recipe.
Ghiradelli Chocolate Chip Cookies (4 dozen)
2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until incorporated.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).
- Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.