Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ghiradelli Chocolate Chip Cookies


I love Ghiradelli chocolate. In fact, my daughter and I have been known to eat it by the bagful (plus, it's her "special treat" for going potty on the toilet). I love Ghiradelli's brownie recipe, and I've been making their chocolate chip cookies forever. They are just perfect.

There is nothing like warm, from-scratch chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven. With a tall, cold glass of milk, please!


If I'm just baking these for my hubby, I bake as many as he wants, then I roll the remaining batter into little balls, put them into a bowl, and place in the freezer for another night. I've also halved this recipe.


Ghiradelli Chocolate Chip Cookies (4 dozen)
2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside. 
  2. Beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy.
  3. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until incorporated.
  4. Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture.
  5. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if desired). 
  6. Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I always have intentions of turning my cookie dough into little balls and freezing them but we always eat it all instead- very bad!

Jessica SG said...

Yes, it was hard to keep E from sneaking in the freezer for a bite!