Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Ghiradelli Award Winning Brownies

I was in need of a solid, from-scratch brownie recipe. The requirements? Quick to whip up, rich in chocolate flavor, and fudgey with a crisp top.

This recipe goes above and beyond in each area.

Guess where I found it? On the back of the Ghiradelli Sweet Ground Chocolate & Cocoa canister! Who knew?! So far, Ghiradelli recipes have come through big time for me. My favorite chocolate chip cookies are on the back of the semi-sweet chocolate chips bag.

I must admit, these brownies are so chocolatey-rich, you should eat them with ice cream. A little hot fudge doesn't hurt either. 

Ghiradelli Award Winning Brownies
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
3/4 cup Ghiradelli Sweet Ground Chocolate & Cocoa
2/3 cup unsifted flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup 60% Ghiradelli Coaco Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional - I did not add these)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a spoon, stir eggs with sugar and vanilla; add butter.
2. Sift Sweet Ground Chocolate with flour, baking powder and salt (I did not sift and it came out great). Stir into egg mixture.
3. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Spread into a greased 8" square pan. Bake 25-30 minutes.

No comments: