I woke up this morning and felt like baking. And eating. Something baked.
With a toddler and baby running (and crawling) around, and somewhere to be at 9:30 a.m., I was able to whip these muffins together, they are that easy...and they definitely hit the spot. Give me anything with a streusel topping, seriously. I love it.
These are chock-full of oatmeal, raisins, applesauce and some brown sugar. So they are semi-healthy, slightly sweet, definitely moist, and oh so yummy!
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
dash of salt
3/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well.
- Add flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and mix well.
- Add applesauce and mix well; stir in raisins and oatmeal.
- Spoon into 12 lined muffin cups. Sprinkle the following streusel topping onto each batter-filled cup. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick, and cool on a rack.
1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cold butter (cut into tablespoons)
dash of cinnamon