It's been a while since I've blogged. I went through a pretty tough experience, the toughest of my life, and it put blogging into perspective. The good news is, I'm feeling better. And I'm ready to blog again. Especially for my girls. I definitely want them to have this easy egg casserole recipe. It's perfect for when you have company over, and you don't want to spend the morning hovering over the frying pan making scrambled eggs. Just pop in the oven - and it's done. Boo-yah.
Easy Breakfast Egg Casserole
20-24 oz. of shredded hash browns, thawed
1 teaspooon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 lb. ham, diced (you can substitute cooked bacon or turkey for the ham)
- Butter a 9x13" glass baking dish and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread hash browns in the dish, sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of cheese over the potatoes. Beat the eggs and milk; pour over the potatoes and cheese.
- Top with diced ham and remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Best eaten the day you make it.