If I'm ever asked to bring a hotdish to a get-together, this is what I bring. My mom's cheesy potatoes. It is definitely a crowd-pleaser. And, it's one recipe I MUST pass on to my daughters.
We had a fun couple over last night to watch the NCAA championship game (which wasn't too entertaining - I love basketball, even played it in college, but this game looked more like open gym)...anyways, this is all that was left in my 9x13" pan.
Mama Julie's Cheesy Potatoes
1 normal-size bag frozen, shredded potatoes (there are usually two sizes of bags - normal and extra large, just get the normal size, forgive me, I don't know the exact pounds/ounces right now!)
1 can cream of chicken soup (Healthy Request kind from Campbell's)
1/2 - 3/4 of a 16 oz. container of light sour cream
2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 stick butter, melted
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix sour cream, soup and melted butter in your largest bowl.
- Dump entire bag of frozen, shredded potatoes into the large bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese to the large bowl as well, and mix together until all ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer cheesy potatoes to a GREASED 9x13" baking dish, and cover with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour, 10 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for another 5 minutes. The edges should be brown and crispy, and the middle of the potatoes should be hot and the cheese melted.